Friday, January 20, 2012

Zombie Apocalypse...Yeah okay then

Today, I spent a huge amount of time wandering the high school library after school, long after it was meant to be closed because I'm friends with the librarian's daughter. I have been having trouble getting into books with a lack of time due to school and extra curricular activities. I checked out a book on illustrations, a book on different art mediums and methods of using them, and the prize of the bunch The Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide: Complete protection from the living dead, by Max brooks.

Now I honestly do not believe in the Zombie Apocalypse in any way shape or form, but with the hype came the books about it. I found myself enjoying it immensely, due to the fictional paranoia inducing "eyewitness accounts" and the mild use of sarcasm.

The biggest issue I have with the book is the fact that nearly anyone who would actually seriously worry about the apocalypse wouldn't be the best survivors. I am aware that this is somewhat of a stereotype, but take the overweight nerd with a zombie obsession living in his (or her) parents' basement. Being physically fit is listed as a huge requirement and I think that any Americans' survival could be increased significantly if they were to go on a walk around the block every once in a while.

I do not consider myself a physically fit person, mainly because I am comparing myself to some of the star athletes I go to ROTC class with. When pitted against any of my other friends, however, I realized that my standard of being physically fit is a bit higher than others. That being said, I do not think I in this current state would be fit enough to survive the Zombie Apocalypse. How many of you truly think you could?

On another note, I have to think about my schedule for next year, and plan the rest of my high school career. It is a frustrating process because aptitude tests state that I could pretty much to anything. They aren't helpful at all in deciding what career I should have. I've thought about going into the Navy, being a research scientist, being a translator, being a writer, being a herpetologist, being an animator, being a director, I even have hair stylist on there. It's so hard to choose, and everyone keeps acting like I have to choose now.

Well have an enjoyable evening everyone, or whenever you decide to read this, and good morrow to you (reading Romeo and Juliet in class right now, I had already read it and found it awful. I prefer Hamlet.) Bye Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment