Monday, January 16, 2012

Invisible

The difference between me and any shy Shoujo genre protagonist is that I TRY to be invisible. If you’re invisible, everything’s easier. There’s less conflict, you don’t get made fun of for being a little different, and you blend into the masses. Going with the flow isn’t that bad. I do have friends, I just don’t go out of my way to make them.

I’m the sort of person who has their head up in the clouds, and I don’t really like to come down much. I’d rather be reading manga, drawing, or writing than go out on a Friday night. It’s not as if I have a choice in the matter either. I live almost half an hour away from any of my friends or from a city I’d enjoy. I’m stranded here on this island until I can drive, and even then only if I have a car or money for gas would I be able to get anywhere. So excuse me, if I decide to live in my head for a while.

Another difference between me and a Shoujo heroine is that I do not expect to be saved by a boy, or ever be a part of a love triangle. It sounds like there would be too much conflict there, considering how the manga Koko ni Iru Yo goes on for nineteen chapters and counting. Dating sounds like too much effort, and seems more confusing than algebra.

I started reading Shoujo as a semi secret guilty pleasure. Usually I don’t go for that sort of stuff, but I am a teenage girl, and no you don’t have to be stupid to like that sort of thing. I’m no Twilight fan or anything don’t get me wrong.

To be honest, I don’t understand Twilight. It was a pointless read to me, and about ten minutes into watching the movie at a friends house, I was reading Harry Potter. By the end of the movie, I had finished the seventh one and began reading Carrie by Stephan King. It doesn’t sound too promising for a movie does it?

I realize I’m posting only a couple hours after my first, but hey, when things come to mind, they come to mind. My weekend has been fairly empty and dull. I should be happy that I got a day off, however, tomorrow can’t seem to come fast enough. I hate weekends. They make me feel trapped. All well, at least I got my homework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment